• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problems in game

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

monovo

Registered
Video game problems (lag, crash, freeze)

Hey everyone!

I buy a new video card (the ati radeon 6950), and since, I have some problems in game, like my game crash and freeze.

I would like to know if my 500w power supply can be the problem of that.

Or, do you know what can be the problem?

I have a Phenom x6 3.0ghz, 8 gb of ram, 2 hard drive.

Thanks!

I'm no pro but according to the newegg info on that card it needs a 500W PSU minimum to run so you might be pushing it. What brand is your psu and how old is it?

Hello everyone!

I just buy a new video card, the MSI ATI Radeon 6950 OC/PE

When I enter in a game, sometimes, my game freeze during 10 seconds.

I don't know what is the problem...
Help me please

Thanks!

Please post the rest of your system specs

Did you change from a different card to this card? What was that card? What drivers are you running?

What game(s) are you having this issue with?

Please post the rest of your system specs

Did you change from a different card to this card? What was that card? What drivers are you running?

What game(s) are you having this issue with?

My PC Specs:
-AMD Phenom X6 2.9 ghz
-8gb of ram
-MSI ATI Radeon 6950 OC/PE
-2 Hard Drives

I had a GT 430 and I change to a MSI ATI Radeon 6950 OC/PE, the card I curently have. I run my card with the last drivers. I tried to run it with the second latest drivers (8.872.0.0), but it still have some freeze at the begining of some games.

I tried BFBC2 and Medal of Honor. With Medal of Honor, I didn't tried it a lot, but I don't have some isues. With BFBC2, the game I play a lot (lol), sometime, when a game start, my game freeze, but I don't freeze in game or have some lags.

Did you use a driver sweeper to get rid of all traces of the nvidia drivers? that can cause a lot of issues.

With BFBC2 do you have MSI Afterburner installed? It has known issues to cause weird freezing issues when it interacts with punkbuster.

Did you use a driver sweeper to get rid of all traces of the nvidia drivers? that can cause a lot of issues.

With BFBC2 do you have MSI Afterburner installed? It has known issues to cause weird freezing issues when it interacts with punkbuster.

Yes, I did and also for you other question...I don't understand it. Do you mean "is msi afterburner is running when I play bfbc2?"

Merged threads (AGAIN!)

Please keep everything to a single thread. Thank you

Matt

Thanks mdcomp!

Have you tried different drivers? The newest ones? The version previous to that one?

If this doesnt happen in any other game, its likely just BFBC2. Have you tried reinstalling and updating the game?

Thanks mdcomp!

Ok, now.. you arent running any MSI afterburner or similar software.

Have you tried different drivers?

I'm not running MSI Afterburner of similar sotware and I tried the last driver version and the second lastest driver version

does it freeze and crash or just pause for a few seconds then start back up?

Also, are your audio drivers up to date? I seem to remember there being issues with that as well with BFBC2.

Does this happen with any other games?

does it freeze and crash or just pause for a few seconds then start back up?

Also, are your audio drivers up to date? I seem to remember there being issues with that as well with BFBC2.

Does this happen with any other games?

When I start my BFBC2, the first game I play, during the first 15 sec, it freeze and then start bak up. I'm going to see if my audio drivers are up to date. And it's only happen in BFBC2.

Its interesting that it has only taken you around 50 minutes to install and update BFBC2. How did you manage that? I ask because once intstalled, there are updates you need to download that take quite a while to DL and install.

Back