• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding the H70

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

I have a Corsair H70 kit, and i im sick of the short tubes on it, making placement just that bit harder.

I want to know how one goes about changing the tubes, and making sure that uppon refilling the system with coolent that its fully filled.

I want to use clear tubes.

Its been many years since i last played around with watercooling, and things have changed, so i also want to ask about coolent. In the old days, i used a 50/50 mix of water and car coolent, is this still a normal thing or are there magic coolents out there that must be used?

Thanx.

I've done this, and it is not the easiest task. It is especially hard at the pump side. What I would recommend doing is leaving a little bit of the original tubing and installing your tubing between that. You'll have to use some hose clamps to tighten it down, and I used RTV sealant. I found the easiest way to refill it was to drill two hole in the top of the rad. One or refill and the other to let the air out. I used a very short screw to cap the holes. I put some RTV sealant on the threads and tightened it in the hole. It works great.

http://skinneelabs.com/coolantfluid-roundup-thermal-performance/ for coolant...and don't even bother modding the h70, you lose any advantage it had over stock WC...but that's just me.

Its about placement.

I need the tubes longer, im so far unsure if i want to go the copper tube way or just full out see threw tubes.

Heres a few pics from "last" time i played around with watercooling.

000000000000000000000LCWONDER2.jpg

0010.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the other H70 mod I have seen. Even lowered his temp. He used the barbs that are already there. Also adding a res, which would answer you filling questions.
+1 for Distilled Water and Nuke.

Also he wrote a guide

The H70 has an aluminum rad, so H2O and ptnuke is out due to galvanic corrosion. Go with at least distilled + 25% antifreeze and I think you will be good to go for fluid. And a res sounds like a very good way to fill the loop to me too.

The H70 has an aluminum rad, so H2O and ptnuke is out due to galvanic corrosion. Go with at least distilled + 25% antifreeze and I think you will be good to go for fluid. And a res sounds like a very good way to fill the loop to me too.

I had thought about a res, but the market here in Denmark, does not like to help out wc modders. I would like a res to fit 5,25" bay, so i can see the level from the front, since i dont have a window in my case.

Which is to say they do, but not nice ones of pure clear plexi.:shrug:

Back