Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > Intel CPUs
Intel CPUs
Forum Jump

PSU Buzzing when doing load testing

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 08-30-11, 02:45 AM Thread Starter   #1
Gortexx

PSU Buzzing when doing load testing

Is it normal for my PSU to randomly buzz when I'm doing a P95 test? It does it intermittently sometimes for a while other times not at all...I just noticed this, it is 100% the PSU because when I stop the load test the buzzing stops. PSU is Corsair AX 850.

Edit: Also can this go away over time? I have read that it can.

OOps.. Just realized I posted this in the wrong section. Tow please!

Last edited by Gortexx; 08-30-11 at 02:57 AM.
Gortexx is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-30-11, 05:46 AM   #2
Theocnoob
Hates Trashcans
LOVES GRAMMER

Known issue with the AX line on earlier production runs. Not 100 percent sure but I heard that Corsair is offering an exchange. There is no threat to your hardware. As the whine-buzz is annoying, though, you may wish to contact Corsair. Make sure you do it by phone. They have... ´different´ people answering emails sometimes.
Theocnoob is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-30-11, 10:38 AM Thread Starter   #3
Gortexx

Ok...this is totally bizarre. I was really pissed and laying down last night to go to sleep when I realized the outside light and fan for the deck were on. Turned on my tv and sure enough my tv was buzzing really loud too! Turned off the fan switch and light switch and the psu is dead silent in any scenario. Guess I dodged a bullet there!
Old 08-31-11, 07:25 AM   #4
Janus67
Benching Team Leader
Grabbed Senior

Sounds like they are all running off of a single circuit in your house and it could be pushing its limits with everything on.

Folding User Stats Folding User Stats
Janus67 is online now Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-31-11, 04:55 PM   #5
BEEAH

My PC Power and Cooling PSU does the same thing when I fold on my video cards. The unit starts squeeling like a stuck pig. Had this PSU for 7 years and never had an issue with it. Assuming it is the same thing, short of being annoying I don't think it hurts anything.

4.6GHz
Puter #2
AMD Phenom II 965BE| EVGA 450OC | 4GIG G.Skill 1600 | H50 Push/Pull
OLD BEAST!
Q6600 GO| EVGA 780i | EVGA 8800GTS G92 SLI | 4GIG G.Skill | H70 Push/Pull | 750W PCP&C
BEEAH is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-31-11, 05:07 PM Thread Starter   #6
Gortexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus67 View Post
Sounds like they are all running off of a single circuit in your house and it could be pushing its limits with everything on.
Nah, it was because apparently we had CFLs on a dimmer on the fan outside...changed the lights and no problems now.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > CPUs > Intel CPUs
Intel CPUs