• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

maximus 4 extreme vs maximus 4 extreme!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vortaku

i have no clue what the difference is on these two boards!

board 1

board 2

any help would be very appreciated. will be running:
corsair 800d
16 gigs of corsair vengenace
corsair 850 pro gold
video card, still trying to decide on

LOL... its in the details I guess. :p

they seem identical to me, thats why i was asking, i didnt want to get the p67 and miss out on something that i would kick myself for later. but based off a pm with matt i really wont be missing much while saving 30 dollars! that could be the cost of modding my side window on my case!

Yeah, that wasnt meant o poke fun at you, for the record.

There are a couple of differences that Im sure Matt already covered (in PM).

Yeah, that wasnt meant o poke fun at you, for the record.

There are a couple of differences that Im sure Matt already covered (in PM).

yeah i know! im not worried about it! and yeah i am just going with the p67. the few real selling points for the z68 dont matter to me. ill jsut hold off on the ssd drives for now.

No need to hold out on the SSDs, the Z68 caching is for HDDs. HDDs usually have 32-64MB cache built in, but a SSD will increase that to GBs allowing more data from your HDD to be cached allowing quick access to that data.

I'm not sure if making two partitions on the SSD and using one as boot and one as HDD cache will work.

Back