• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 drives uniformed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kohta

My brother bought my 60GB SSD from me today for a new system build, he is not real tech savvy he just wants to play his game and save pictures/MS office etc.

So he brought me another HDD a Seagate 500GB which he wants to use for storage, what i want to do for him is set it up so that Windows 7 is on the SSD but have everything else stored on the other HDD without him having to manuall tell programs and stuff to save on the storage drive.

So basiclly, when he goes to save pictures in "My Pictures" he wants it to be on the storage drive, not the 60GB, or rather, he just wants the OS + 1 Game to be on the 60GB and that's it.

So to break it down, this is what he wants:
60GB SSD
Windows 7
Game + future updates
Microsoft Office 2010
other misc. small programs

500GB drive
Video's
Pictures
MS Office Documents
Other/Misc

Is it possible to set it up to look like a unified drive (560GB) for him so all he has to do is save stuff to a specific folder and it automatically goes tot he storage drive?, if not then he would just be better off getting a external HDD if he has to do everything manually. What are his options?

But most importantly the game needs to be on the SSD because said game actually uses it to reduce lag and studded. Iv'e seent he difference between my old WD 500GB and my SSD below.

Last edited:
The registry can be edited to change the default install drive for programs. Then Windows 7 libraries can be used to automatically save and find pictures on the other drive.

Libraries are pretty easy to use. Just google it, and something should come up explaining it. The registry tweak is also pretty easy, but i can't remember it right off the top of my head. Google should help there too if no one here can remember it either.

Back