• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1055T & coolermaster hyper TX3 high temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reddevil6

Hey guys i have a 1055T with a coolermaster hyper TX3 cooler, and my idle temp is 31 - 34 depending how warm it is in my room and under 100% load it will reach 49-52 again depending how warm it is in my room. and belive it or not them temps are after i undervolted it from stock 1.375v to 1.225v at stock voltage temps are 58 under 100% load and 38 idle. these temps seem realy high for this CPU and cooler.

i use hwmonitor but i use the cpu temp, because as far as i know the core temps are about 10c off with all x6 CPUs, and its not even a temp sensor for the core temp on the x6 cpus it guesses the core temp by voltage, cpu usage and so on. (as far as i know) but my core temps are always 8 - 10c lower than cpu temp

The hyper TX3 is by no means a high end CPU cooler. Barely adequate for a 6 core CPU and I think your temps are pretty realistic with that cooler.

You might also try redoing the thermal paste application as those exposed heat pipe coolers require a different technique than a flat plate bottomed cooler. First, get some quality aftermarket thermal paste like Arctic Silver 5, Arctic Cooling MX2 or MX4 (not MX3). Thoroughly remove the old paste from the cooler bottom and the CPU face and clean it well with a paper coffee filter moistened with some isopropyl alcohol (paper coffee filters don't leave fibers and lint behind like other paper products or many cloths). The drizzle some thermal paste in the cracks along the sides of the pipes where there is a small crevice between the pipes and the base block. take a razor blade or a putty knife and scrape a cross the cooler base to push the paste down in the cracks. Then drizzle a thin bead of paste down the center of each heat pipe. Then clamp it down.

I have had experience with this cooler and it's a nightmare to get it to seat correctly as the heatpipes are separate to the rest of the base , I ended up just using tim on the 3 pipes and putting none on the metal base itself , but temps were not too bad after that , but that was on a arhlon x4. Oc'[email protected] not a x6

Back