• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Aftermarket Cooler for 6950?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mgsickler

Alright, so here is my situation.

I have two 6950's, and I am worried that once my new setup arrives (monday) they will run too hot.

I have the FT03 case and the Maximus IV Gene-Z. This means that my cards will be right next to each other. My cards suck air from the top of the card and displace that 360 degrees out of the card. One card is going to be smothered by the other card, and only be sucking in hot air.

So what I need is an aftermarket cooler that doesnt take up any additional PCI slots. I only have 4 slots, since it is a mATX case.

Any suggestions? Or do you think they wont run too hot?

You'd be best off running reference coolers as they dump much of the hot air outside the case. That is, if you can stand the noise they make.

I have the arctic extreme but you probably want to look at the thermalright shaman provided that you can put the vrm heatsink on it. The voltage regulators get pretty hot and thermalright's solution seem to work. The problem with the extreme is that it has a very low clearance.

Back