• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help me diagnose source of speaker death

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
EDIT: RESOLVED:
The only thing I did was keep this massive speaker sideways with the TV on top of it. Then I took it off and set it upright and it works. So I don't know if it was user error or if that had something to do with it.

==================
I connected speakers to this receiver STR-K6800P from Sony HT6800DP system:
http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...l?mdl=HT6800DP

Sony HT6800DP.png

I connected Left, Right and Center using three identical Infinity SM125 speakers

Infinity SM125.png

and two Infinity SM115 speakers as rears.
Infinity SM115.png

My center Infinity SM125 is completely dead. Could the receiver be too weak and was the cause of death of the Infinity SM125 connected as a center speaker?

Attachments

• Sony HT6800DP.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 384
Last edited:
Resolved. The issue was (possibly) user error. No sound was coming out of them and I even brought another speaker and went back & froth several times with the speaker being apparently confirmed dead.

The only thing I did was keep this massive speaker sideways with the TV on top of it. Then I took it off and set it upright and it works. So I don't know if it was user error or if that had something to do with it.

Back