• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why are thuban voltage so high when it doesnt need to be.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

reddevil6

as the title says Why are thuban voltage so high when it doesnt need to be?
i had my 1055t overclocked to 3.33GHz and undervolted from my stock voltage of 1.375 i was able to get it down to 1.225v stable did 17 hours of prime95 and after that i did 50 passes of intelburntest at very high stress level.
so last night i went up to [email protected] did 9 hours of prime95 last night, and 50 passes of intelburntest very high stress level this morning and it is stable. ive also droped about 8 degrees

EDIT: oh and if u have turbo enabled (which i dont) the voltage goes up to 1.475 or something that cant be good for the cpu.

At the high end of overclocking leaving the Turbo mode activated can cause instability on many systems. Then, too, not all the cores accelerate under load when Turbo mode is active, only 3 or 4 out of the 6 I think.

Amd bins the silicon to run x Ghz at y vcore. If it passes, they box and ship. They typically don't do further testing to find the lowest vcore it will run...

Back