• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 930 Temperatures

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dig0

Registered
Hi all, just curious what people think of these temperatures. I don't want to begin overclocking until I have a good indication that my cooling is sufficient.

I have attached a screenshot of coretemp and cpu-z after running prime95 blend stress for a while.

One screenshot is with the air conditioner in my room on, and one is without. You can notice about a 3C drop without the AC. Ambient temperature of my case is around 20-21C with the AC on, and 23-24C without the AC. Ambient room temperature is about 20C.

Attachments

• benchmarks.png
    benchmarks.png
    266.4 KB · Views: 95
  • benchmarksnoac.png
    benchmarksnoac.png
    264.3 KB · Views: 74
What cooler is it? So far it looks fine, you have plenty of headroom. Personally I wouldn't let it go over 75C under load, but you got a long way until then!

Should be able to get 4GHz I imagine.

What cooler is it? So far it looks fine, you have plenty of headroom. Personally I wouldn't let it go over 75C under load, but you got a long way until then!

Should be able to get 4GHz I imagine.

It's a Noctua NH-D14. I got it to 4.2GHz last night with load temps ranging from 73-80 on the 4 cores.

80c is about the highest you would want to be. That cooler is well known as one of the top air coolers on the market still.. Sounds like you should be good to go! Try to get your voltages as low as possible without bluescreening..

Back