• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radeon HD6950 Audio Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mistahtokyo

Registered
This is an audio problem, but since it has to do with the video card's built in audio I have posted it in this section. Basically when I'm using the computer, the audio is (at first) perfectly fine, but after a while, it's randomly disabled and I can't get it to work again unless I restart the computer. The Motherboard's audio is disabled, so there shouldn't be a conflict there. Any ideas as to what could be causing this? Specs are in my sig.

Have you locked your PCI-E bus speed? I've heard of rare occasions where the HDMI will bug out with overclocked cards and generally this is the cause.

I have a stock HD5450 and since downloading CCC 11.8 I have also got this issue with my HTPC using the HDMI output for audio. It will say no recognised speakers plugged in after sitting idle for a while. I have downgraded to 11.7 to see if that fixes it, so I would try the same on your pc.

Back