• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for new mobo for build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mphaker

Registered
Hi guys:
I want to make a new build using my existing CPU. I will be upgrading the RAM from 1333 to 1666 or higher. I need suggestions on a good LGA775 Quad Core compatible CPU with DDR3 1666 mhz slots and good OC capabilities. Should be around the 100 dollar side. I know the LGA775 is pretty damn old but I just don't have the budget for a new complete i5/i7 + new mobo build.

Thanks guys.

Hi guys:
I want to make a new build using my existing CPU. I will be upgrading the RAM from 1333 to 1666 or higher. I need suggestions on a good LGA775 Quad Core compatible CPU with DDR3 1666 mhz slots and good OC capabilities. Should be around the 100 dollar side. I know the LGA775 is pretty damn old but I just don't have the budget for a new complete i5/i7 + new mobo build.

Thanks guys.

Are you looking for MB or CPU? I presume you meant MB right? Well listing your current specs and location will help.

Sorry about that. I'm looking for a good mobo. I will be placing this in my
study room, pretty much dust free and since I'm in San Francisco, air cooling
should be fine.

Specs as follows:

Current Mobo : Gigabyte G41M Combo

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400

Memory: Wintec 4GB DDR3 1333mhz RAM (8-8-8-20), but will switch to 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws 1600 mhz

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770

HDD: Samsung 500GB HD502HI

Case: NZXT M59 Mid Tower ATX

If you need any more info please let me know.

Thanks

Back