• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

test bench ;) moar pix!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
ok so i started with a sheet of oak plywood cut it into 16x18 sheets finished the edges and stained it really dark ;) probably should have went lighter but it still looks pretty good.

the legs are just some pine molding... going to put some aluminum angle for the legs as these arent sturdy enough.

still haveto do the hard drive cage, paint the odd and paint the aluminum pieces and resess the holes for the screws in the aluminum, mostly just pretty stuff to do now, also have to sleeve a few wires. also need to make some fan holder bracket things to blow on the ram n stuff

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg
IMAG0094.jpg
IMAG0101.jpg

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
I know the feeling TRUST me:p If you have a Tractor Supply Company around I have found out that the aluminum angle there is cheaper then Lowes or Home Depot. Like 3 and change for a 4' length versus 4 and change:thup:
Edit: oh you have the legs already DOH

Edit: oh you have the legs already DOH

yea im ditching the pine wood trim for the legs and going to use some aluminum instead gotta go buy it still and cut it ;)

actually got everything done today asside from sleeving the few wires, aluminum legs and pci bracket on and painted flat black power buton and leds mounted cd drive mounted and hard drives mounted :) will post pix after supper

Last edited:
IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

hard drive is secured to the bottom with rubber spacers then, yes the second one is indeed secured with some ddr 533 ;)
hopefully the mail actually comes tomorrow and i have my sleeving and heatshrink ugh lol

Looking good dude:thup: Yeah, ups didn't come today so I didn't get my new psu and optical drive. Go figure..... Hopefully they get it here tomorrow, then sleeving stuffs should be here Friday. Your's is looking good though:salute:

I couldn't help but smile when I saw the hard drive mounting. :D I might do that with some old laptop ram I got laying around....

But the bench looks great, real professional and sturdy looking. I like it!

moar pix ;)

got some outside pix since everyone says they look better... and they do :D

175750_10150792436890537_852620536_20496131_1624982068_o.jpg

290349_10150792433315537_852620536_20496104_1143819067_o.jpg

340958_10150792435650537_852620536_20496121_1872816536_o.jpg

ty romantic :)

Last edited:
ty i didnt feel like cutting anymore aluminum haha plus it looks kinda cool ;)

I think its the only thin you can do with those sticks of RAM.... i have plenty of 256mb/128mb DDR2 sticks. Well I tossed most of them out...

Holy cow that graphics card looks gigantic! :shock:

Just wondering; what are the physical dimensions of that beast? I'm building a custom case, and I only plan to have it about half an inch taller then a 120mm fan. I've got some metal scrap from an old case, and I'm using the PCI expansion slot section, though I'm wondering...

Has the PCI slot changed since 1999? :confused: Not the size on the motherboard, but the part wher you plug in the card, and the output on the back screws into the case. I hope you guys get the gist of what I'm saying...

Holy cow that graphics card looks gigantic! :shock:

Just wondering; what are the physical dimensions of that beast? I'm building a custom case, and I only plan to have it about half an inch taller then a 120mm fan. I've got some metal scrap from an old case, and I'm using the PCI expansion slot section, though I'm wondering...

Has the PCI slot changed since 1999? :confused: Not the size on the motherboard, but the part wher you plug in the card, and the output on the back screws into the case. I hope you guys get the gist of what I'm saying...

nah its actually kind of small compared to my 6970 (RIP) but yes they have changed alot! lol they use pci express 2.0.. some boards are starting to support 3.0 or what ever but yea they will have the same pci mount that goes on the back of the case

i got some new shots of the wire sleeving and the usb front pannel :) its a usb hug designed to go in a floppy bay i just opened it up removed the green data led and replaced it with a blue one and i got the power led and button wires sleeved as well as the cpu fan.
IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0127.jpg

nah its actually kind of small compared to my 6970 (RIP) but yes they have changed alot! lol they use pci express 2.0.. some boards are starting to support 3.0 or what ever but yea they will have the same pci mount that goes on the back of the case

i got some new shots of the wire sleeving and the usb front pannel :) its a usb hug designed to go in a floppy bay i just opened it up removed the green data led and replaced it with a blue one and i got the power led and button wires sleeved as well as the cpu fan.

I don't mean like, the advancement of pci 2.0 and stuff. I mean the back part of the cards. Like where you plug in the graphics card to your mobo, and then on the rear of the card, where you plug in the monitors. Those "slots" or moreso "holes in the back of the case". I was curious as to if they're all one regulation size since 1999, or if they've changed dimensions since then.

I don't mean like, the advancement of pci 2.0 and stuff. I mean the back part of the cards. Like where you plug in the graphics card to your mobo, and then on the rear of the card, where you plug in the monitors. Those "slots" or moreso "holes in the back of the case". I was curious as to if they're all one regulation size since 1999, or if they've changed dimensions since then.

nah the back side of the card just takes up two slots on most of the newer cards they arent any larger than before just take up two ;)

nah the back side of the card just takes up two slots on most of the newer cards they arent any larger than before just take up two ;)

Thanks a bunch, now that you say that I can see how it takes up two slots, lol. I don't have a graphics card right now, I'm just using those lovely integrated graphics on the z68 chipset.

Back