Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.
Forum Jump

Back pain, chronic, everyone in the house?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Old 09-08-11, 01:51 PM Thread Starter   #1
Aynjell

Back pain, chronic, everyone in the house?

Hi there. my room mate, whom I just moved in with has chronic and debilitating back pain. he's had it for months and it's only getting worse. I moved in about a month ago and I'm starting to wake up sorer than normal and last night my neck started hurting while gaming and the pain's not going away.

I'm not really sure what to search for or what might be causing this but my neck is stiff and has stayed stiff throughout the night and I'm hurting like crazy. I'm thinking it's a household thing, maybe a poison, a bacteria or something because it's starting to happen to me. Any thoughts or ideas guys?

Old 09-08-11, 02:10 PM   #2
psionic98

get bloodwork done if you can, but I'd also think airborn something (mold, gas, etc)

Mushkin 6GB @ 6-7-6-18
/ Enermax 720 Modular
HAF 922 / Noctua D14Win7 Pro x64 / Mint 10
HEAT
i7(x58) OC'ing/Info
/ AMD Oc'ing/Info / C2D/C2Q OC'ing/Info
Recommended Power Supply Listing
psionic98 is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-08-11, 02:27 PM   #3
Mother Goose
Disabled

A wise man once said something to the effect of: "Your e-friends are there to tell you how hot your girlfriend is, and not to dispense medical advice".
Mother Goose is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-08-11, 02:29 PM Thread Starter   #4
Aynjell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
A wise man once said something to the effect of: "OCForums is here to tell you how hot your girlfriend is, and not to dispense medical advice".
This is true, but just curious if anybody knows anything about or has had a similar experience. I don't know what community might be a good place to ask but since I'm always here figured it's worth asking.

Old 09-09-11, 07:07 PM   #5
Wathnix

10 Year Badge

Sounds like mold, go to your doctor and get toxicology work done. Or go somewhere else for a couple of weeks, see if it goes away.

Old 09-10-11, 08:43 AM   #6
Frogbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wathnix View Post
Sounds like mold, go to your doctor and get toxicology work done. Or go somewhere else for a couple of weeks, see if it goes away.

This...if you can get out of there for a while DO IT!

you got one life....no respawn. On your last quarter bro.......

Take pride in ur rig like every gamer should:
I7 860@3.0GHz .
8gig Mushkin Enhanced DDR3 560TIOC
X-FI Extreme Gamer
600W OCZ
Antec Nine Hundred case.
Frogbones is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-10-11, 03:34 PM   #7
ozzlo
Senior whose title will pierce the heavens!

10 Year Badge

It could just be a coincidence that you guys are experiencing back pain at the same time. About a year ago I started dealing with constant conic back pain. I eventually discovered the secret to curing my back pain was through stretching it out. It sounds counter intuitive but I started a back stretching routine and I think that has been the best thing I have ever done for my back. The stretches provided me instant relief to existing pain and significantly reduced the pain for the rest of the day. After a day or two, the pain is completely gone.

I am trying to find the website that was so helpful to me but i am having trouble finding it, I will say this, stretching your back improperly will make things worse so do alot of research into the proper back stretches.

Another thing to consider is the posture of your back, if you have neck pain, perhaps you need a different pillow. You may also want to make sure you have proper posture while sitting at a computer if you are on the computer for extended periods of the day.

*edit
I would still get that mold thing checked out, I did not realize that it could cause back problems (sounds like a seriously nasty mold variant if that is the problem)

. . . . . . .
HELP!!!. . . . . . RAWR!!!

. . . . . . . . .\. . . . . . . . /
__________\0/_____/\__________

Last edited by ozzlo; 09-10-11 at 03:42 PM.
ozzlo is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-12-11, 09:17 AM   #8
Diggrr
Underwater Senior Member

10 Year Badge

Divorce got rid of my pain in the neck, the tempurpedic took care of the rest.

Life's Tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late. ~ Benjamin Franklin
Diggrr is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 09-12-11, 09:39 AM   #9
madhatter256
Special Member ★

Radon exposure???

Old 09-12-11, 07:27 PM   #10
7keys

10 Year Badge

Buying an extra firm mattress cured my back problems, did you change mattresses?
7keys is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.