• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need more performance for 3dvision, which card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rommie

Atm I have a gtx 560. There are a few games which are a little slow/laggy with 3dvision (can't use a lower res, 3dvision only supports 720p and 1080p). I'm looking for a card twice as fast, but also only twice the price (i can get store credit for my used 560). For a smooth experience, it seems that 3dvision needs to deliver 30fps to each eye. So it seems I'd need a card that never dips below 60fps for most games. I'd run SLI, but that means buying new mobo (SLI 1156 boards don't seem to be sold anymore), cpu and SLI psu, which would end up being more than a single 580. Anyone else had experience with 3dvision?

you can't get double performance without another card, check out the gtx590
(which is 2 in 1)

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-590-review/1

if your other computer parts are not up to it then there aren't many solutions out there.
post them here i'll take a look.

Intel core i7-870 (at stock for the time being, though it can reach 3.9-4ghz on air)
Gigabyte ga-p55-usb3 socket 1156 motherboard
gtx 560
2x4gb ddr1333 ram in dual channel
ocz 700w modular psu

Gotta pay to play my friend. 3D vision isnt an easy thing to push. That said, a single 580 will help but surely wont double the performance.

590 is the best thing you can do right now. You have 50 amps on your 12v rail to play with.

Back