• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Ideas on how these will do...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For benching, this is not benching ram. 11-11-11 is WAYYY too high for benching. I got a set of RipjawsX that are rated for: 2133MHz, 9-10-9, 1.5v. I was able to tweak them down decently, to about 2220MHz, 7-9-8, 1.725v...

Those are nice sticks you bought, I just don't think they can be tweaked down tight enough for good results in benchmarks.

While I don't like to make generalizations or "stereotypes" of hardware, but when it comes to benchmarking, we use the best of the best. For example the current set of mid-range ram that I use specifically for benching was $175. It's not to say that you can't get a good deal on benching hardware, but the best stuff is the expensive stuff.

It's sort of similar to the water-cooling triangle. You can choose any two of the three, but not all three. Speed, Timings, Price. In this case, you chose speed and price at the loss of timings. :shrug:

Well, either way I can still use them. I'll just keep mt eyes open, because there really seems to be some good deals on ebay for ram right now. Thanks guys

Back