• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Philips FR732 + Xonar STX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

retsgtcas

I have attached an old Philips Audio/Video Surround Receiver FR732 to my Asus Xonar STX using the red/white cable extension thing :shrug: Im using a simple Turtle Beach Earforce Z2 headset for gaming.

Im thinking of buying an HD558 for my 1st true headphone set and am wondering if the FR732 would run the HD558 better then my STX.

Im not sure if my connection method, the red/white cable thing, is good enough or if it can be better, so IM happy to receive any suggestions.

° Can I get better sound from the FR732?
° Should I run the volume from the Xonar STX interface or from the FR732?
° Would I be better off buying a new receiver?

Thanks for the help =)

Listen to both sources with the headphones to find out.
In a situation like this you want to leave the output volume from the STX alone once you find one you like and control the volume on the receiver .

Listen to both sources with the headphones to find out.
In a situation like this you want to leave the output volume from the STX alone once you find one you like and control the volume on the receiver .

I will go ahead and play with both volume settings to see what sounds best for me.

Thank you for the quick reply =)

Back