• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Too Pelt or Not to Pelt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NovaCX12

Registered
I am thinking of running a pelt along with my watercooling setup. I am currently running an OverclockersHideout CPU & GPU waterblock. Temps are about 32-37C. I am running an Intel Celeron [email protected] currently. I don't know what pelt I should get? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

use a 156 watter for the cpu (gives some head room) and a 80 watter for the gpu. Make sure you have the power necessary.

I mentioned a temp controller in another thread.....I ordered ne a couple of days ago, got it yesterday and hooked it up to an old tnt. So far no condensation even when the monitor goes to sleep, pretty cool! It was on sale for about 40 bucks
wj

the overclocker said:
you can throttle the power with a variable resistor

I really looked into that and would like to know how. The power of the pelts pretty much overwhelmed the rheostats I found.
wj

never mind!
Even if I could find a rheostat or variable resistor I'd still have to adjust it all of the time. I think the controller I just got is better.
wj

You don't really need a powerful Peltier to get really nice temps with those .13u chips. They run cool enough to be passively cooled. If you put anything over a 120W I think you'll hit sub-0 might quick.

75W Peltier are said for Cumine and 82W up is for AMD. For a Tualatin, but overclocked...:rolleyes:

Isn't there air space between the IHS and the die? If TEC is used would there become a trap for condensation?

Back