• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ivy Bridge Will Bring a 35W Quad-Core i7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You don't get a free lunch. The small TDP of mobile hardware reflects their performance.

You don't get a free lunch. The small TDP of mobile hardware reflects their performance.

how ever performance is not dictated by TDP. with as efficient as these newer cpus are fitting into that TDP envelope even at 2.4ghz. that is better then even say the older quads being 45watts, what about even the 65watt quads you see now. its better to look at performance per TDP then clock speed per TDP. clock speed doesnt always = performance, aka netburst, just to make my point.

i would rather run mobile hw anyways after messing with the rig in my sig. got a GT420 in it with a single drive 4gig of ram, running off of a picopsu 120WI, running rosetta on all the cores+HT plus FAH on the gpu. for the power usage it does alot of work even if at its stock speed. it may not be to the level of even my stock i7 but still for the power used it is pretty strong still.

i will be switching out that last rig though, i thought the board would support 2nd gen i3i5i7's but i need a newer board.

Back