• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Down time while waiting on parts. Should I replace fans on galaxy 850w?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bloodkil

Registered
Using a enermax galaxy dxx 850w

Quite basically I have parts coming in for my build in a couple days and am going through my fans and psu with a toothbrush and canned air. Though my pc was cleaned rugularly I haven't taken the psu out for a good cleaning since I my last build 3.5 years ago, and the inside was caked with dust (due to the grill on top of my case right next to the psu as every other opening had filters on it)

The psu still will meet anything I'm going to put in, but don't know if its worth my time to.replace the fans (which are quality) due to how long they have been operating. (with dust in them none the less)

Does anyone have this power supply and have had fan issues over time?

I woulndt bother outside of cleaning them, no. You take apart your PSU = no warranty. Dont worry about it.

That was actually the first thing I did to my psu after I tested the pc it was going into 3.5 years ago... It was one of those half modular, but I didn't want all the extra clutter of the built in wires I wouldn't use. I don't believe that I had a warrant on any one of my parts after lapping, removing wires, or modifying the heatsink on my mobo. :thup:

I just hate to put it back together and then rip it apart if the fans would go out. Either way ill leave it and thanks for the response. I decided to do a bit of modding to my case to pass the time and am flipping the top and bottom pannels so my psu can sit below and avoid the heat of the system and so my gpu will point up and get rid of its heat instead of passing it around the case.:D

Back