• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Time to build a new machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiL_JaSoN

Registered
Will be used for general office, movies, and gaming.

Looking for a silent PC and must support eyefinity.

Case: Fractal Arc Midi - $139
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K – $218
Mobo: ASUS Sabertooth P67 $220
RAM: 16GB – 4x4 Corsair CMX16GX3M4A1600C9 – $120 or something cheap around that price mark?
GPU: Sapphire Radeon 6950 2GB – $288
PSU: Antec TruePower TP-750 – $138

Cooling will be using a XSPC RX240 kit.

Harddrive, CDR will be used from old computer

Last edited:
The Seasonic X-series of PSUs are pretty much the quietest out there. It's because they're so efficient that they don't heat up quickly, so the fan doesn't come on much. And when it does, you can't tell.

The rig in my sig with the Seasonic PSU...I've never once had the fan come on. I know because my case is literally less than a foot away from my head. And my computer doesn't just idle. It's 24/7 folding, even when I game. So it pulls some power.

On the GPU, make sure you don't get a reference card. Make sure it's that manufacturer's custom shroud/cooler. Sapphire is generally the quietest Radeon if it isn't a reference card.

Mobo, get the best you can afford from Asus or Gigabyte (IMO). Again, more efficiency, so less heat. Less heat, less noise because you have less to cool.

Seasonic PSU X650 or either Corsair HX650.

Will check which one my shop has.

Last edited:
Back