• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No Headset Transmit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Berne

Hi,
Using W7ULT. Using Flightsim 2004 to ATC Vatsim , I hear them they dont hear me? My headset speakers are working just fine with MP3 tracks too. Im using Squawbox4, but the microphone calibration test is not playing back my voicetest? All cables are correctly input to correct ports of soundcard addon.

In device manager in sound controllers I have two devices my pci soundcard which I want to control all in and out sound and High Defination Audio ...both are fully functional , should I disable the High Def Device?

Its a new headset, so cable fraying with regular use is not a possible. Headset is of the twin 3.5 input type not USB.

Cant be much, any thoughts?

Berne:chair:

Try using a different mic input; use the front or back, depending on which you're currently using.

Within the sound control panel, check what input device is set as default/active.

Headset Issue

Hi,
Tried taking out the addon soundcard to use onboard, same result , no problem RX voice No TX of voice?

No issues listening to music and using Squawkbox4 for microphone calibrating the playback is silent, so Im thinking a faulty microphone, but just bought it a few weeks ago straight out of the box. Returning to shop for replacement, later.

Berne:(

Some images

Holding off a few days on a replacement. This might help. I took out my soundcard, lets try with the motherboard sound. This is what my soundbox looks like. Caveat : just acquired a virus W7ult, ( .exe bad image so Im working on that too, I dont think it should affect my microphone voice TX though ) anyhow take a look. Yea I see not plugged in but I can tell you the headset jacks are plugged into the correct onboard sound ports? Im thinking a faulty output microphone lead/jack....?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.png
    2.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 3.png
    3.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 4.png
    4.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Thanks for the screenshots Berne.

Even though the mic is plugged in, the system is not detecting it. Not sure if that's related to the virus or not. Might try MS System Sweeper (beta) or another tool to get rid of that.

Are you using the front or rear microphone jack?

Edit: Can you take a pic w/your phone or something of where you have the mic plugged in?

Virus

Hi,
Im going with the view that the virus is causing all issues. Ill take advice on getting rid of the virus for a day or to and then reinstall. FYI sys restore does not solve, utube self help videos on the issue are weak at best. All anti virus apps and maleware apps are useless to solve. MS sys sweepr is also stopped from loading, rear jack being used but also tried front with no success. Im getting all music through rear ports and tried microphone on both empty ports, still no result.

Virus: ( various ) .exe Bad Image

Two days,

Berne:confused:

If it's that bad, I'd suggest saving yourself some time and re-installing now. Afterwards, and as much as I hesitate to recommend anything MS, you may want to check out their 'Security Essentials' (free). It's a fairly decent place to start for free protection.

Good luck either way.

Back