• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Can You DL YouTube Vids On IE ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

setotitan

I know this isn't exactly an "OverClockers" question, but I always get the best answers here. As it turns out YouTube doesn't want you to be able to download videos, so topics like this are banned from their forum. I know it would be so easy to just use FireFox all problems solved, presto! However as I'm sure most of you are aware, there are those who cling to IE as the end all be all internet browser, and won't try anything else, even if it would ease their life immensely. I've found a couple of third-party software programs, but they all convert the video to FLV which is not really a great format. So adding the step of getting another program and converting it to AVI or MP4 makes it sort of a long process. Is there anything out there for IE that will download YouTube videos free and in an AVI or MP4 format?

I think the flv format is what they are mostly.

Edited. RT

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

Unfortunately this discussion has to be edited and closed. We cannot allow posting methods to circumvent the rules of another site.

RT

YouTube ToS

4.C. You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate.
(You can't download to play it on your own player.)

5.C. You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Content therein.
(By default the service disallows downloading content; by circumventing that, you violate this one.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back