• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocker's 500gph pump/res

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Computer Ninja

Registered
Has anyone used this new pump/res? I am currently using a similar pump/res called the Arctic Freezer with an '80 Caprice Heater Core (w/o A/C). My pump/res is rated at 145gph. Wanted to know if it would make any difference moving up to 500gph.

Keep in mind that claimed GPH and delivered GPH can some times be very different. If you look at some reviews, pumps claiming 400 gph only deliver 100 something gph. Look at the price. That's a good starting place for integrity. Ask yourself, how is it this no-name $14.99 pump can deliver the same gph as this reputable name $55.00 pump? Also, there is the issue of longevity and noise level to consider. Caveat Emptor.

Hoot

Hoot is right CHEAP pumps work poorly as far as I am concerned anyone who is considering water cooling should buy a pump 3 or 4 times the size of what you think you need. Any lift or sharp bends in your tubing kill your GPH, small tubing diameter will do the same thing as well as generate friction. Plus consider this I'm sure the life span of these cheap pumps is not as long as a quality made pump. Then there is the issue of parts.....and a decent warranty. On the other hand a large pump can be a pain to get into a case..... personally I like to keep as much of that stuff out of the case as possible. A 145 GPH pump is too small I think. Eventually you might want to add on to your water cooling system .......... that pump leaves you no room for expansion. I have two or three of those little pumps they were a waste of time and money the best buck I spent was the day I got my Danner 650.
My 2 pennies
Stay Cool
Pepsi

Do you really need a pump that puts out 500 gph?? I was thinking about getting an Eheim 1048 @ 158 gph or a 1250 @ 317 gph. Should I think about something else, or will one of these be ok?

Back