• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8400GS lags system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nickCR

Is it normal that a 8400gs would be so slow that it lags the system? I notice that typing in Firefox is extremely slow. I do have 2 1920x 1080 monitors maybe it's just to much for this poor guy to handle.:comp:

If Intel GMA can handle what you just described, that card can. I've seen 2x 1920x1200 driven off Intel GMA without lag like. Sure, Aero wasn't smooth as glass, but it wasn't horrible either.

Check drivers :)

No I didn't reload my OS but the old card was a 8800 GTS 512. I uninstalled the driver before I did anything as windows was popin up the card with the yellow exclamation. After un-installing, turned off the computer. Swaped out cards and installed the appropriate drivers (when it booted it used a microsoft driver). Either way I got it working fine. I don't know which one but one of the built in hubs on my monitor is messing up my system. Either that or my psu is at the end of it's life. Not sure which of the two. I guess when I get the new card and psu and if the same symptoms occur when the hub is plugged in then unfortunately that means the hub is shot.

Back