• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vertex3 firmware rollback

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

\dev\goat

man /dev/goat
Anybody know if it's possible to roll the firmware back to an earlier version on a Vertex3? I have like 10 days left before my RMA expires and I think if I could roll it back to version 2.02 I wouldnt need to RMA. I didnt have any problems with 2.02, and I only ever updated because they advertised a speed increase and stability increase with 2.06. That's when all the bsod's and crashing started, and it's been the same with 2.08, 2.09, and 2.11.

Any way to roll this thing back to 2.02 before I priority mail it ?

if the 2.02 bios is still available for download I don't see any reason that you couldn't flash that in.

FROM Ocz Forum

Originally Posted by Tony
you guys wanting to back flash...proving really very hard to implement as there was a code structure change moving to 2.06. This makes it near on impossible to flash back to 2.02. It is being looked at though BUT...SF would rather move forward not backwards, so fully expect no back flash but a Forward flash with fixes

# 1: Do never flash drives when it was working proper, the speed increase usualy is just marginally and may cause new problems never seen before.

# 2: In most cases its not possible to flash back to a earlier version. At first we try to get ride of all the excuses and then guess why.

# 3: Do never believe "speed increase", they always say that, so the users are more likely to flash, so the warranty is over and they dont need to accept RMA. The speed increase will be -100% as soon as the drive is knackered. Most users cant tell the difference between a Vertex 1 and Vertex 3, so are such flashes truly needed?

if the 2.02 bios is still available for download I don't see any reason that you couldn't flash that in.
:shrug:

FROM Ocz Forum

Originally Posted by Tony
you guys wanting to back flash...proving really very hard to implement as there was a code structure change moving to 2.06. This makes it near on impossible to flash back to 2.02. It is being looked at though BUT...SF would rather move forward not backwards, so fully expect no back flash but a Forward flash with fixes
+1.

You usually CANNOT flash back to firmware.

Back