• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Madengineer

So...i'm building a completely new Intel system in a little over a month i plan on getting the 2600K, just because i can and looking for a high quality mobo to go with it...Will be OC'ing, just because i can Will need Crossfire compatibillity to support my 2 6950's and will need a minimum of 6 sata ports. I will end up getting a Sata PCI card for more slots, but i want a reasonable amount on board. and must be an ATX board.

Sick of the Micro crap that i keep buying with my AMD builds :S

Full system includes:

I7 2600K $325
TJ07 case $350
1000 Watt Antec PSU (Cant remember the exact model number) $160
2X6950 2gb editons (i know overkill so...) $600 give or take
Crucial M4 128gb $250
G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM (2x4GB) DDR3 $250
4X Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 3TB CoolSpin (this amount of storage is actually required) I have many......Files
CM 212+

More or less...This build is to satisfy my ego, and i no way do i require this much, but i'm getting it, just because i have the money....

If you can suggest better ram please do.

Most i'm willing to spend on the mobo is 400, otherwise i'll have to take money away from other components that make it look flashier then my ego would suffer.

More or less......The system will be used for some video editing. Nothing pro really. High res gaming, with multiple screens etc.

Most 1155 boards have 8 SATA ports. usually the extra 2 are on a marvell controller via a X1 or X2 PCIE link. The rest are 4x SATA 2.0 and 2x SATA 3.0

You don't need a $400 mobo for what you're doing. Get a P8Z68-V-Pro (220ish) by ASUS. Awesome board.

Or you could get a Z68XUD4 (159) by Gigabyte. Also great. The only reason 1155 boards get expensive is an NF200 chip and other unneeded things that do not affect overclockability or stability. 2 GPUs you don't need that crapp.

If you want a really nice board with extra junk you might use (top tier true Xfi chip with true audio capacitors, Bigfoot killer E2100 LAN with onboard memory,) get the Gigabyte G1.

This should meet all your requirements for now. Case still supports 7 3.5 bays like the TJ you suggested. If you need more, I'd suggest the Fractal Design XL, 10 3.5 drive bays by default. Entire thing just over $2000. Plus you get 4 games, which you could probably sell and make a few too.
Capture.JPG
1.JPG

Most 1155 boards have 8 SATA ports. usually the extra 2 are on a marvell controller via a X1 or X2 PCIE link. The rest are 4x SATA 2.0 and 2x SATA 3.0

You don't need a $400 mobo for what you're doing. Get a P8Z68-V-Pro (220ish) by ASUS. Awesome board.

Or you could get a Z68XUD4 (159) by Gigabyte. Also great. The only reason 1155 boards get expensive is an NF200 chip and other unneeded things that do not affect overclockability or stability. 2 GPUs you don't need that crapp.

If you want a really nice board with extra junk you might use (top tier true Xfi chip with true audio capacitors, Bigfoot killer E2100 LAN with onboard memory,) get the Gigabyte G1.

TBH, i wanted the TJ07 just because of its looks :D
but the seperate PSU compartment is also quite good.

TBH, i wanted the TJ07 just because of its looks :D
but the seperate PSU compartment is also quite good.
:confused:
You lost me. I never commented on the case. That is a fine case and Silverstone makes a quality unit. It will fit any ATX board which is what most people are going to suggest including what I suggested.

Madengineer;6965974 but the seperate PSU compartment is also quite good.[/QUOTE said:
That was me who commented on the case. Most PSUs nowadays are mounted upside down. They suck in air from the bottom and exhaust it in the back, they don't even dump much heat into the case, it's all in and out.

:confused:
You lost me. I never commented on the case. That is a fine case and Silverstone makes a quality unit. It will fit any ATX board which is what most people are going to suggest including what I suggested.

Sorry, got quotes messed up :D

How's this mobo look?

Going to get the deluxe instead of the Pro :p

Last edited:
^
Deluxe just gives you a breakout box and some other doodads. AFAIK board and VRM are the same. The Z68-V-Pro is one of the best $200ish boards I've ever built on. I loathe the color. Otherwise I found it flawless.

What kind of doodads? and are they usefull whatsamacallits? :D

Back