• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer not running right - 5750 inside

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lobes

Registered
I have a Lenovo K320. I upgraded it and put in a Radeon HD 5750 and a 650w PSU (coolermaster)

i7 - 870

8GB ram

1TB hard drive

Radeon HD 5750 [Upgrade]

650W Cooler Master GX [Upgrade]

I haven noticed some odd things.

I'm using a Vizio 1080p Full Hd TV as a monitor, plugged in via an HDMI cable.

The native resolution for this TV is 1920x1080.

I used to play games on it fine. Rift all ultra settings. Crysis 2. Black Ops all high. Then it started decreasing...somehow. I could only play this games on LOW settings now. I mean bottom of the line low. Or else I would be lagging like crazy. (hence why I put in a new PSU, thought that might be the issue)

I poked around asked for help and ended up bringing my monitor resolution down to 1680x1050. (which is not native to my TV) - Stuff seemed to run better, but I could only run stuff on about medium settings. Some I STILL have to run on low (bad company 2 low settings) but RANDOMLY sometimes i can run Bad Company 2 on Medium just fine.

My question is what is the deal. My PC SHOULD be able to handle most of these games on Medium IF NOT high.

Is it the TV im using? Should I look into getting a real computer monitor with a smaller resolution? I know my GPU isn't the most powerful but still. It should be able to power most games on medium at 1680x1050.

I ran Coretemp and GPU-Z and here are some results:

IDOL CoreTemp:
Core 0 - 42 C
Core 1 - 37 C
Core 2 - 42 C
Core 3 - 39 C

Load CoreTemp (Black Ops Multiplayer , Medium settings)
Core 0 - 49 C
Core 1 - 46 C
Core 2 - 50 C
Core 3 - 48 C

And here are some screen shots of GPU-Z both information, idol, and load.

cdBTu.png

IDOL
ibl4v.png

LOAD (black ops medium settings)
KnAoX.png

So what would the deal here be? Maybe I just need a new graphics card? Do I maybe need to re-format my PC and try to install the graphics drivers again?

thanks

You GPU isnt going to 3D clocks...see how your 'load' settings are at 400Mhz? Default is 700Mhz. Try uninstalling and reinstalling your driver or updating to the newest one or 2nd newest.

Guess atl+tabbing out of the game was plenty of time for it to cool down..

Updated the drivers and ran BC2 on High settings. Seemed to run fine, logged the stats and GPU Core clock was running at 700Mhz.

Maybe the card isn't as powerful as I THINK it is. Though someone on the AMD forums told me it should be able to power stuff like BC2, COD on 1920x1080 Medium to high settings

I think we got it??? Clocks didn't go to 3d. Usually this is a driver issue. I have never seen that happen bc of temps... but doesn't hurt to check.

That card isn't fast at all though. For bc2. Id expect medium at 19x10 with no aa and med without 4x at 16x10.

Back