• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

James87

Registered
Im currently in the process of building a new Computer for Bf3, only game i can see myself playing for awhile(i rarely game as much as i used to) So this is the current rig i have decided to buy(No cooler yet, still deciding Click here to help me (Just links to my other thread)
So with BF3 releasing its specs, should i drop my card down to a 560 or a 6950? and get a 2gb card...? :shrug: (I want to run BF3 lag free on high settings)

Wouldn't mind saving some cash, as i will be traveling to europe mid way next year for awhile. So any cash i can save will be a bonus.

CPU:Intel Core i5 2500K
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver® 5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3
Memory:Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Hard Disk(SSD):Corsair Force Series 3 60GB
Hard Disk #2:Samsung 2TB Spinpoint F4 Eco Green
Hard Disk #3:Samsung 2TB Spinpoint F4 Eco Green
Case:Silverstone Raven RV03 with Window
Optical Drive:Samsung SH-B123L
Power Supply:Seasonic - X-650
Graphics:MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozr III PE/OC

if you want it on at least high settings i would stick with a 570. the rumor that has been going around is that all the demos and videos seen have been ran on a 570. except one time when they ran it on a single 580 because they didn't want to take any chances. all and all you wont be sad you got the 570 i think.

Back