• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Slow booting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

evilangelica

I need your help with my desktop pc which I am facing a problem with slow booting up the pc, which is taking 2 – 3 mins to load and start the windows 7 64 bit, although I have high configuration on the desktop pc.

Pc Configuration details:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD7

CPU: i7 950

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600Mhz 6 GB

Graphic card: 1GB GIGABYTE

HDD: 500 GB and 1 TB

Power supply: 750 Watt

I would use "msconfig" to disable any non-Microsoft services and programs. This should help substantially if you can find problem programs.

Could be failing ram. Run Memtest86+

Could be a failing hard drive. Get manufacturers software to test drive and be careful you do not do a test that will erase the drive.

Disable anything in bios not being used.,

It is also possible that windows has become partially corrupt and is having a hard time getting fully booted. This could have been originally caused by a memory error.

You got some troubleshooting to do for sure.

Have you disabled everything in the BIOS you are not using? 3rd party Sata controllers (you should just use the Intel controller and disable all others in most cases), IDE controllers, serial, parallel, floppy, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back