• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Rig Ready For Win7 64 Bit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jrank001

I just cleaned up my rig for a fresh install of WIN 7 64 bit. Currently I’m running Vista Ultimate 32 bit.

What I’d like to know is if I can/should use my current mobo which is Abit IX38QUADGT. There are no updates for this mobo anymore since 08 and that has me concerned.

My plan was to put the OS on a Corsair CSSD-V64GB2-BRKT solid state drive along with MS Office 2007. Then set it up for all other programs, software to a SAMSUNG HD204UI 2TB HDD. All new and unopened hardware.

This is/will be my first experience with WIN 7 64bit. I just want to make sure I am doing things right. You can see my current hardware on my profile. Please give any and all advice.

The newest version of Acronis should work well. Windows has this utility but is very limited in its options.

Its really best to start fresh anyway. ;)

Back