• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for fellow Koolance watercooling users

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Myself and I

Disabled
I just bought this koolance watercooling case and made mistake before i booted up. First off i couldnt get my kr7a to boot in the process so i have rma the mobo.
but my new xp2000 works fine but after i rmaed the board i havent tested my cpu. Now what i did was i didnt polug in the 4 pin plug from the psu to the control board which controls the fans.
i booted it up and i heard a weird noise from the case and immeadly shut it off. The readout on the temp gage always read no higher thean 34c. Is my computer still safe and ok ?? The water was not moving but i would think the water would have to boil to fry the chip.
i didnt smell anything like you would get from just a heatsink and fan. i do believe watercooling is alot safer

Hmm, very odd. What kind of noise did you get? You definitely want the water moving. What happened to the motherboard? The temps sound okay but if the water isn't moving it'll get toasty pretty quick.

Hey guy, no luck on the fishing. The water should have been able to absorb the heat as long as all was seated correctly and the system was shut down fairly soon. Due to thermal dynamics, there probably was some water movement.

?

Your right silver
the thermal probe on the koolance indicated that the temps didnt get about 40c
actually the system was only on for 10 sec or less and the temps didnt even change they were like 26-30c.
The mobo i had to rma it because it was bad but i kinda think it was either a bad mobo,short,bad unlock which i doubt or my voodoo 3card. my geforce 3 was taken apart at the time .
ive also heard other people having problems with the kr7a from newegg maybe its a bad batch or something.
ill find out for sure when i get the mobo back again

silver you didnt catch anything

Nah, I fish from the bank and the shad are still deep. The stripers will be coming up soon and 20 to 30 pounders will be there for the taking. Silver (aka David).Wendsday on the rma, right?

Hey, got the gf3 ti200 up to 8830. Am going to need better cooling on the gpu (still stock) and/or new detonators. Am using the 27.3s, maybe I should give the 27.42s a go.

Back