• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM3 board to support bulldozer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

South_paw

Registered
I have the below am3 board, currently it will only support up to a P2 X6 1100T. Is there a way of determining if BD will be supported...besides waiting around for a bios release?

ASRock 880GXH/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G HDMI USB3

thx

edit: meant to put this in the mb forum, maybe someone can move it...sorry

Last edited:
I highly doubt it. I think you need AM3+ and I'm not even 100% sure that will work.

It must be AM3+ it must. ASRock can release a BIOS update and that would be your only of being able to support it. Will they, I highly doubt it but you never know. If you want Bull Dozer then you'll might want to save for another Motherboard just in case. Asus will be releasing BIOS updates for their very high end boards but your board is on the cheaper side so I don't know if you'll get that support.

The only way to know is to contact ASRock support and ask them if there will be an update to your board to support the newer CPUs.

Back