• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-Z68A-D3-B3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f17th

Hi

I've been reading up on the site and seen guides to Over Clocking the i5 2500K chips, they are very reasonably priced and performance is great compared to my old Q6600.

Have brought myself one of these systems and was wondering if anyone has some settings that would work for a stable over clock.
Have air cooling with a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro.

System :
i5 2500K
GA-Z68A-D3-B3
Corsair 8GB Ram : DDR3 2000Mhz (2 x 4Gb)

Your help and experience is appreciated!
Thanks
f17th

Hi

I've been reading up on the site and seen guides to Over Clocking the i5 2500K chips, they are very reasonably priced and performance is great compared to my old Q6600.

Have brought myself one of these systems and was wondering if anyone has some settings that would work for a stable over clock.
Have air cooling with a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro.

System :
i5 2500K
GA-Z68A-D3-B3
Corsair 8GB Ram : DDR3 2000Mhz (2 x 4Gb)

Your help and experience is appreciated!
Thanks
f17th

Being that every component is diffrent nobody can give you numbers that are guarenteed to work. Reading the guides and getting a starting OC would be great and then we can help you tweak from there.

I do have that board and I will warn you: If you push for much over 5Ghz you can damage that board. I suggest just leaving everything in auto and using the multiplier adjustment to get between 4.5 and 4.8. After you get that you can start taking things off of auto and making adjustments to lower the voltage and that will lower the heat.

Thanks ever so much for the update.

I'd be more than happy with a system stable at ~4.5Ghz

Would I use the software to clock this board or Change the multiplier in the Bios.
Shall have a look at doing this tonight as the components have just turned up so eager to get home from work!

Thanks ever so much for the update.

I'd be more than happy with a system stable at ~4.5Ghz

Would I use the software to clock this board or Change the multiplier in the Bios.
Shall have a look at doing this tonight as the components have just turned up so eager to get home from work!

Change the multi on BIOS. You can use the software but it could petentially change other things.

After you set the multi and run some stability testing (most peoploe use prime 95 trhiugh I have a diffrent method) and all seems good you can go back to bios and start changing (one at a time) your voltage settings from auto to manual and start reducing voltages. After each change it is best to test for stability again.

These are just basics and when you get used to messin round in the BIOS you can squeeze more out of the CPU without any real impact on heat production.

Back