• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor is glossy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ilcrba

Registered
Hey guys, i have a HP 2159v and I like it. and I got a 2nd monitor and it is 2159m. only difference is it has hdmi and it is glossy. it is so glossy it is like a mirror and its kinda hard to see. what do you guys think? any way to work with this?

Make sure there's no light behind you when you use it. I hate those stinkin' glossy screens.

I have a 2710m, same glossy screen and I love it. It did bother me at first but the screen is so much more dynamic then a matte finish that you will stop noticing the reflection in a very short time. Mine also has a light sensor so that it brightens when all the lights are out. It is much easier to keep clean and doesn't scratch like the others, better for working with pictures and your eyes learn quickly to "not see" the reflections.

I don't know if this is the case in your situation but a friend bought a monitor year or 2 ago & his way glossy & he hated it. But it turned out it wasn't glossy, there was that static plastic crap that was put on to cover the entire screen. I'd never seen where they put that stuff over an entire screen. Anyhow he pulled it off & ended up fixing the issue.

This might have been a 1 off fluke or whatever but hey is worth a try. Just don't go poking the screen... just carefully examine it... Would hate to hear you put a razor or some other sharp object through the LCD screen.lol

Back