• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 27 inches too big?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JDawggS316

I am thinking about what monitor to get and I'm thinking 27" but is that too big for being just a desktop monitor in a home office?

I'm on a 1920x1200 27.5" and it's not too bad, sure things seem more crisp on my 21.5 1080p monitor but that's because everything is so small.

It's really up to you. My desk is pretty shallow so I'm using a 23" but sometimes seems a little small. 27" is a good size especially if you a full 2560x1600 rez :D

I used to sit about 1.5-2 feet away from my 22 inch sammy, now I sit 7 feet away from my 42 inch lg heheh. 46 would be just right I think.. Mind you I do need glasses, I am almost at the point where I need to make clicking noises at night so I can tell where I am in relation to larger not so easy to move objects strategically placed at knee level :)

I have a 24" and I think too much bigger wouldn't be good. I already have to scan areas of the screen rather than see whole the screen so for me 27" would be too big. But I would think it would depend on your distance from it though.

I just went from a 27" 1900x1200 to a 40" 1900x1080 and I love the 40". When I first got the 27" I thought it was massive, but not anymore. I sit about 4' away and 40 does not seem to big in any way, so there is no way I can see a 27" being too big. Its mostly personal preference.

Back