• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600K finally stable @5GHz/1.45v

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manu2b

I finally get a stable OC@5GHz/1.456v!

It took me quite a while tweaking the cpu power management options, but it seems it was the issue.
C1E enabled
C3 was enabled, now auto
C6 was enable, now auto

I really don't know how this stuff works, but changing c3 and c6 settings allowed me to run the chip 0.02/0.03v lower.

Did anyone else get this kind of luck with these settings?

Hmm, in my p8p67 bios C1 and C3 are on auto, C6 is enabled, now this is from the factory default and I didn't change it, but I suspect the system chooses by auto setting what's needed or not, I do know when I set all three on auto I ran into instability, but my goal was and is 4,5Ghz, any higher and my temps go near 80°C and higher. Still, it makes a difference with the asus boards if you choose auto or disabled/enabled.

I suppose the easy of how you can overclock these boards make certain settings a bit obscure, it would be better if there was a precise description of just these settings which do seem to work fine at auto, still, it's like driving a car with automatic gears.

I suppose the easy of how you can overclock these boards make certain settings a bit obscure, it would be better if there was a precise description of just these settings which do seem to work fine at auto, still, it's like driving a car with automatic gears.

Well, as you say, a little bit more info from the manufacturers about those would not harm...

I've tried adjusting those settings with my 2500k and they don't seem to help with my OC but more power to you for finding the best settings to help with that great OC!

Very impressive 24/7 overclock. How are the temps? Under 75? If so, then you've got yourself a damn good setup.

(Don't forget to test your chip's multi with my instructions.) :D

yes, with an ambient of 26°C, temp peaks at 64/69°C and core at 1.46v.

Thd Asrock has been sent this morning and I should get it tomorrow. I'll test the cpu accordong to your instructions Ben, and let you know about the max multi.

Back