• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 1090t tweaking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesbritt268

Hi all i replaced my old 955 (loved that chip) with a 1090t. So far i have it running @ 4.127ghz 1.5v, 2600 cpunb 1.32v, and ht link @ 2600.

My temps max load at 44c after 5 hours of prime, normally underload 38-40 according to cpu socket temp, core temps from hw monitor and other software like coretemp are of course lower then that since they arent accurate.

Since im nowhere near max temps how safe is it to push farther ahead? i can do 4ghz at 1.45v , and 4.1 at 1.5, its looking like 4.2 is gonna take 1.55, but my wcing setup and 3x120 mm rad dont let it even get hot.

Also do those voltages look outrageous? Ive read a fair deal on the chip and see some people claiming that they only need 1.4v on the cpu to do similar speeds? most of the time ppl are full of it and exxaggerate in internet forums so im not sure what your experiences and tips are.

Welcome to OCForums!

What are you measuring your temps with since you don't seem to trust CoreTemp, HWMonitor, etc?

And it is the temps of the cores, not the CPU temps that we consider to be the critical ones around here. "CPU" temps are actually measured from below the processor in the motherboard socket area. Core temps are measured from the processor die itself. Core temps are actually lower than CPU temps when good aftermarket cooling is in place. There are several reasons why this is true.

Max core temps are 36c, and i dont trust the core temps on x6 processors because amd supposedly didnt correctly calibrate the sensor according to info othert people have talked about. But i do know what core temps are and where theyre measured from, and im not a total noob to overclocking.

Thanks for the reply though i appreciate it. However my cores idling at 15c cant be accurate, even on water.

Last edited:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=15pojty&s=7

15pojty.jpg
[/IMG]

Heres the relevant info after 45 mins of prime 95, cpu voltages read higher due to vdroop on 990fxa ud3 board.

Last edited:
Link is broken.

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you. We have no idea what is the knowledge and experience level of new forum members.

Yes, the core sensors are not always calibrated correctly. Sounds like you could just mentally add about 10 C to what is being reported and it would be about right.

Link is broken.

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult you. We have no idea what is the knowledge and experience level of new forum members.

Yes, the core sensors are not always calibrated correctly. Sounds like you could just mentally add about 10 C to what is being reported and it would be about right.

O its ok I've seen some of the posts from people and I understand I get a good chuckle every once in a while trying to translate some posts lol

Back