• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard does not detect read USB, LAN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ravaneli

I had a HTPC with a solid state HDD. I took the Solid state drive and put it in another, brand new HTPC. The motherboard is
Biostar H61MU3

Everything works fine, boot under windows (7) blue tooth and wireless internet work, but!

1. the USBs on the back do not work, any of them, and the board is brand new. When you plug the mouse and the kb on the front they DO work though.

2. LAN cable internet does not work. But if I use a wireless internet card and plug it on the front, the internet DOES work.

The other stuff on the back works. The speakers are all hooked there and work and the cable for the monitor is hooked and it works too.

For first time in my life the USB on the back wont work. I installed the provided USB and LAN drivers without errors, but it doesn't work.

Could it be because the windows on the hard drive was installed with another system? Do I have to reinstall windows? (Nooo)

ANy help appreciated

On Biostar mobo, go to device manager and uninstall the Usb ports and the Lan. Reboot and see if Windows can find new/different drivers for the Usb and Lan. See if the onboard Lan and rear Usb ports work. If they do not then RMA the motherboard since their appears to be something wrong with the motherboard.

You could leave the working wirelsss card in so that the O/s can look for drivers on the internet that might fix the rear Usb and onboard NIC, if it is not the drivers...then the board is bad and needs RMA.

The only other thing is that there could be a short from case to mobo. Remove the motherboard from the case and try mini setup of mobo, on non-conductive surface, to see if the Usb etc works then. If not you already have the board out of the case and ready for RMA. About it, that I can think of since you say the board is brand new but not working.

OP said:
Could it be because the windows on the hard drive was installed with another system? Do I have to reinstall windows? (Nooo) [YESSSS]

YESSS you could also try a RE-install of winders and if that does not work...then RMA the motherboard.

sorry to bring this up, but it may help someone in the future. Turned out that windows had the wrong drivers and fresh installation fixed that.

Back