• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SC2: Ongoing Offline Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Seems like every new online/blizzard relief should come with a label that says: Bend over and like it...

So I´m having THIS problem now:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2878398054

My biggest concern when I purchased the game was all the traveling I do and not always being near an internet connection. Now every time I try to play the game offline it tells me I´m running the starter edition.

On page two of that link Blizzard Support says you MUST login once every 30 days or it invalidates your game.

So what did I buy at the store actually? A game... or a CHANCE to play a game?

I have no hope at all for Diablo 3... which I don´t think will even HAVE an offline mode if I read correctly...

D3 will require a constant online connection. If you disconnect you are dropped from the game (ala WoW)

D3 will require a constant online connection. If you disconnect you are dropped from the game (ala WoW)

THAT... is pretty ****ing harsh.

I mean it´s actually completely insane.

I never even played any of the Diablo games to play them online. I was only ever interested in the single player. So you´re telling me I´m playing D3 on my laptop, I´m in the middle of finishing off a boss, router goes down, BOOM!

Game over.

THAT... is pathetic.

The only people who actually get a decent gameplay experience, then, will be the hackers... which is a shame.

It´s inconceivable to me that I can´t play SC2... which actually HAS an offline mode... without connecting online. It boggles the imagination.

Well at least now I know not to go anywhere NEAR d3...

Just you wait and see what stupidity awaits you there!

I´m telling you... it´s only a matter of time before everyone is paying 50 bucks a month just to play single player missions and access their save games...

dont worry too much guys, me my team and a few others have joined forces to allow D3 to be played "offline"

the game will think its online playing and no one is on your server(game)......to bad its just a virtual micro server running in the background of your machine

ta da no actual inet connection needed

dont worry too much guys, me my team and a few others have joined forces to allow D3 to be played "offline"

the game will think its online playing and no one is on your server(game)......to bad its just a virtual micro server running in the background of your machine

Is there a way to do that in SC2?

Now that is something I'd be intrested in. Sad thing is though if I play on a PC that yes I do have a connection vs say a laptop that I take on a road trip im not going to have saved games I'd assume on my lappy that I did with the PC.

Now that is something I'd be intrested in. Sad thing is though if I play on a PC that yes I do have a connection vs say a laptop that I take on a road trip im not going to have saved games I'd assume on my lappy that I did with the PC.

The whole thing is insane and stupid.

Like I've been saying for YEAAAARS now: If you let these jerkoffs get away with one thing then they're just going to keep going.

Remember Starforce? That horrible rootkit nonsense? Well people wouldn't stand for it, they wouldn't buy games that had it, (in fact... one of the clauses in the TOS said that if you didn't agree with the terms then you could take the game back to the store for a refund... I used that on Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory), and Starforce got yanked.

But if you start buying into online game saves, and monthly fees, and all that, then they're just going to keep coming up with something dumber and dumber until... yeah... you're paying 50 bucks a month for the same game over and over again until the end of time.

It's going to happen. If there's no public outcry... they're going to do it.

First it's "Oh... you have to be connected online to play this game... even the single player." THEN it's.. "Oh... well you know it takes a lot of server space to store all this information... so you should have to pay a little bit for that."

Kiss my ***. I'm getting the Demons Souls sequel instead.

I agree that Diablo 3 should definitely have a no internet mode. However, I think that the whole reason they're doing that is to protect certain... aspects of the game.

It has more to do with the real money auction house than anything else. If they removed that they wouldn't have to control the hell out of everything.

Back