Notices

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.
Forum Jump

USB 3.0 Slow Transfer Rates

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 10-02-11, 04:56 PM Thread Starter   #1
Bardolph
Registered

USB 3.0 Slow Transfer Rates

So, I just purchased a 1TB WD Passport USB 3.0 drive to back up some files with and have been extremly disappointed by the maximum transfer speed witnessed so far of 36.5mb/s.

Does anyone know what could be causing this slow down? I built a computer for a friend with the same board (P8P67 Deluxe) and he used his WD USB 3.0 drive that veyr same day to transfer rates of higher than 70-100mb/s

My USB drivers are up to date, and I installed the included software from WD. I'm really confused an annoyed, can anyone help?
Bardolph is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-03-11, 07:51 PM   #2
I.M.O.G.
Glorious Leader

10 Year Badge

Did your friend have the exact same USB 3.0 drive? It looks like your drive may be using a laptop HDD that probably doesn't have the best transfer rates.

How large are the files you are transfering to determine the transfer rate?

What transfer rate do you get if you plug it into a USB2.0 port? The theoretical max on USB2.0 is around 60MB/s, so you could be on a USB2.0 port.

Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.
I.M.O.G. is offline Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Old 10-03-11, 08:44 PM   #3
Know Nuttin

run an HDD benchmark like ATTO or HD Tune.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > General Hardware
General Hardware Discuss your new build and gather upgrade suggestions. And if your question doesn't fit anywhere else...it goes here.