• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

uncle bob

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uncle bob

Registered
I have a asus max.iv mobo bios v-1303.Does anyone know how to stop
computer from shutting down when not in use.I have windows 7 and have
sleep and hibernate modes off,when i watch tv for a while the computer
goes to sleep or sometimes shuts down.Sleep i can wake it up but i don't like
being shut down also i am not oc much running at 3.9 ghz.Maybe i need to
update to another bios ver. but then again which one.

Last edited:
would you please explain what disable "c" state is and i take it that this is a bios option
for this mobo.

I thought i had the fix concerning my computer shutting down when not in use for awhile.
Hard drive and monitor are set to never shut off.However today i got an AA code on mobo
which is system transitioned into acpi mode.I have to reboot to get going again even if i
push the reset button it just reboots.Can i disable acpi mode and if i can what are the repercussions.One last thing does anyone know where in bios this setting may be.I am
running a asus max.extreme iv mobo

You can't disable ACPI once the OS is installed, you'll get an error when it boots up if you try it.

I would go to power options in control panel, then select the high performance or maximum performance option. That may be all that is required. I haven't heard of other people with the Asus MIVE having these issues.

IMOG,Ifound where advanced power settings are in win7 and set to your suggestion,i
will let you know later if this worked,thanks.

Back