• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kelbokas

Registered
hy all i need some help i just noticed that my pc uses only part of real memory:

im using DDR3 4gb pc3-12800 1600mhz dual 10-10-10-28 unbuffered 240pin dimm 1.5v
but on cpuz they show that this is only 800mhz
my mobo supports 1600 cpu 1333 so why its not 1333 but 800 how to fix this ?

Last edited:
CPU is jumping?

Your CPU "jumping" may be what you consider your CPU ramping up its core speed when it needs to be used.

You have CoolnQuiet enabled in BIOS, which is underclocking the CPU when it doesn't need excessive speeds.
This also explains the relatively low vcore in your shot.

gETtE.png

Look at the DRAM Frequency on the Memory tab. You need to multiply this frequency times 2, which would put your RAM at roughly 1333mhz.

Your motherboard is defaulting your RAM to a speed of 1333mhz, instead of 1600mhz like the RAM is branded as.

If you wish to utilize the 1600Mhz your RAM was rated for, you can change that through your BIOS XMP settings; but I would recommend not bothering, since you won't see a significant increase in performance whatsoever, unless you're benching.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hope this helps.

yes it helped i read more the 1333mhz i becouse of my cpu only supports up to 1333 but i both 1600 for advance when i change my cpu to bether thnx for help about cpu cool&quet

yes it helped i read more the 1333mhz i becouse of my cpu only supports up to 1333 but i both 1600 for advance when i change my cpu to bether thnx for help about cpu cool&quet

I'm 99% certain your CPU supports 1600mhz rated RAM. My AMD 955BE supports it, but my motherboard defaults my RAM JEDEC profile to 1333 speed, like most AMD systems.

I've had my RAM running at 1600 in the past, but I've learned through many others on this forum that it would only benefit me in benching marks, not regular everyday performance.

I'm 99% certain your CPU supports 1600mhz rated RAM. My AMD 955BE supports it, but my motherboard defaults my RAM JEDEC profile to 1333 speed, like most AMD systems.

I've had my RAM running at 1600 in the past, but I've learned through many others on this forum that it would only benefit me in benching marks, not regular everyday performance.

cpu dosendt support 1600 becouse its even writen in amd.com site that it only supports 1333 in dual and triple

JKessell Took this picture today. My 955BE and motherboard support 1600mhz RAM. Whatever you say though.[/QUOTE said:
yes your mobo is 1600mhz i can do the same but look at 3rd photo where is writen max brendwitch it shows rams work with cpu and it is 1333mhz so yes you can make it worth 1600mhz on bios for mobo but it dont give u any afect becouse it works on cpu only as 1333mhz becouse cpu dont take more in few days i read alot about this ;)

Back