• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Front panel audio help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

josmil1

Registered
I need help with my front panel audio connectors. My mobo is Z68 gigabyte XP-U3DP. I have read the manual concerning the audio connectors but followed the instructions and my front panel headphone still doesn't work.

I have no idea what my case is since there is no model # inside or outside the case since i'm reusing it from 2005.

My case has these front panel audio connectors

R-Out/R-Ret (1 wire 2 pin holes)
L-Out/L-Ret (1 wire 2 pin holes)
Mic In/Mic Vcc (1 wire 2 pin holes)
Ground (1 wire 1 pin hole)

What does NC mean in the motherboard manual??

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-z68xp-ud3p_e.pdf

page 27

NC means No Connection. :)

If you have the mic connection on 1 and 2, you may need to turn it backwards if it still isn't working. If you look close, the pins are often numbered on the board by the pinouts.

its 1 wire with 2 pin holes. So it has to be connected to 2 pins regardless. I have it in pin 1 and 3.

I'm not sure how it could be 1 wire with 2 pin holes, but you have it spanning 3 pins. Got a picture of the mic wire and plug?

I also looked at the diagram wrong, I didn't see pin 3 was labeled mic power, sorry about that... Obviously need to have something hooked up to that.

Have you checked your audio input device settings to be sure the mic isn't muted or has the volume turned down?

Back