• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Improved efficiency with not much more noise.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Voodoo Rufus

Powder Junkie Moderator
I had my rad fan reversed for a while to blow air in directly in the radiator, to decrease CPU temps. The radiator was in back, with a 80mm hard drive fan blowing in the front and the power supply blowing out. Worked pretty good. The CPU was cooler than before, running around 30C. Before there was no hard drive fan and the rad fan blew out, giving temps of 35C. Well, I just turned the rad fan around again to blow out, and added a second fan to the front of my case, a Sunon 92mm running at 7V. That thing pumps some serious air around. Almost thought running at 7V it was running at 12V because of it's nosie and airflow. But it wasn't Now I have temps of 30C with two fans blowing in and two blowing out. I just needed some extra airflow to help the radiator along. I'm pretty happy. Now my case temps are down too. They were at 91F and now they're at 80F. Big improvement.

Back