• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Expired]MSI GTX480 Refurb $199 no rebates at Geeks.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
msi also has serial number based warranties so this card should carry at least two years left of its original three years if not the whole thing.

This deal cant be beat if you can deal with the heat and noise. If only this was an aftermarket card I would snap one up in a heart beat.

simply put the cooler. The 480 reference design gets uncomfortably hot while gaming. Basically it is the hottest and loudest production card with temps easily into the 90 C range.

There's the stock card, they're all the same with different brand labels on them. They're typically loud and the cooler isn't that great. Aftermarket cards, the company will change around the layout of the board, add a custom heatsink, etc. They're typically quieter and cooler.

This was all ESPECIALLY bad with the GTX480. It's was an insanely hot running card, when you put two reference cards in SLI, sometimes the top card would overheat. At stock clocks. I don't know if there's a single GPU card out there that outputs as much heat as this beast.

There's the stock card, they're all the same with different brand labels on them. They're typically loud and the cooler isn't that great. Aftermarket cards, the company will change around the layout of the board, add a custom heatsink, etc. They're typically quieter and cooler.

This was all ESPECIALLY bad with the GTX480. It's was an insanely hot running card, when you put two reference cards in SLI, sometimes the top card would overheat. At stock clocks. I don't know if there's a single GPU card out there that outputs as much heat as this beast.

Yeah, I got my GTX480 with the idea of originally running SLI. But cancelled that idea when I saw first hand how hot they run.

Back