• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Script to disable password protect on wakeup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

My work is currently upgrading to W7, we have certain computers that we disabled the password protect on wakeup feature when we had XP. I can disable it on W7, however, every time i restart the computers it reverts back (I think this is some kind of network policy thing). Is there anyway to make a script that runs as admin at start up to change this setting?

I would suggest talking to whoever is responsible for maintaining your Active Directory environment. What you are seeing is a group policy that is enabling the password protect on resume setting on the computers. Group policy will be automatically re-applied (by default) every 90 minutes with a random offset between 0 and 30 minutes among computers so the setting will be forced back when that happens.

If for some reason you still want to go about this the hackish and improper way, you might look at configuring a scheduled task to run at startup or at login.

Back