• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 8 Discussion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tspek

I've got windows 8 installed on a work laptop. Playing around with it a little here and there. First impressions:

Feels snappy. Absence of the start menu feels silly. Dedicated facebook apps are not needed. I guess, thus far, I'm not really "getting it".

Anyone else had a chance to play with it?

I've played with it. I could not stand the "Metro" style of it. I turned off the Metro features using this link. Once I turned them off and got the more familiar Windows style desktop, I finally was able to use.

First impression was it looked more "cleaned up" than Windows 7. But, I wasn't able to launch any of my simple apps like CPU-Z; it would just freeze up everytime. I even tried it with stock settings (meaning no overclock) and I got the same result. If M$ releases it with the Metro style to it like the dev preview, I don't think I'll be upgrading. I'll stick with my good-ole Windows 7.

There is a thread discussing Windows 8 Dev Preview here.

Back