• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mouse issues (cant click tried 3 mice/ mouses lol what ever it is)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigjim21

Registered
Ok so my wife's aunt called with an issue today and when i got over there her computer was locked up and would do so every time i would try to restart the thing so i reinstalled ubuntu to solve the issue but she also told me that her mouse would not click so after the install was done I was having an issue with the mouse not clicking you can move it no problems and if you press the button over and over you could get a click once in awhile so i figured the mouse was just going bad and had her get another one that was laying around the house and had the same issue no matter what usb port i stuck it in she then called her daughter to get hers that we know works because she was useing it on her pc when she called her and had the same issue in all usb ports.

I cant find this issue anywhere to fix it for her and i have never seen it before does anyone have any advice?

Have you tried playing with enable/disable USB legacy support in BIOS?

Are the motherboard drivers properly installed?

Ya everything was installed and was working for a few months then this issues started out of no where. She gets on facebook to play games and that is about it other than email. You can move the mouse that part works fine it just wont click no right or left click at all

Have you tried a PS/2 mouse?

Are there any other USB devices attached to the PC, or was something plugged in before driver was installed? I recall certain devices can damage a USB port when plugged in without a driver.

she had a PS/2 on it then we got others that were usb to try we had the same issue with each one. The PS/2 would work once every 30 or so clicks (repeatedly clicked on a box till it work to see if it would work). The PS/2 i didnt not install a driver for when i reinstalled as it worked fine the first time I put Ubuntu on there for her. She has been wanting to buy windows 7 so i think i am going to install that for her and see how it goes

I didn't have a chance to get over there today i am going to try to do this sometime Saturday or Sunday and i will let you know as soon as i can if it was isolated to Linux or if it was the hardware

ok so i got windows 7 installed and the mouse caused some issues like it would scroll things all the way down without touching it noting serious i switched it out with an old one of mine and everything is fine... I dont understand why 3 different ones would cause the same issue in ubuntu but in windows i get a problem with scrolling not clicking and only on one lol its just odd. Thanks for the input you gave on this one problem solved

Back