• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gtx 580 vs 6870 xfire

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Are you asking if you should get a 6870 to hold you over until the 7 series releases? I mean the information you need to make this decision you already linked, no? How can we help?

Are you asking if you should get a 6870 to hold you over until the 7 series releases? I mean the information you need to make this decision you already linked, no? How can we help?

Im either buying TWO new 6870s (msi twin frozr II) and giving my current 6870 to my gf who is currently on a nvidia 9600gt, or buying a gtx 580 and giving my 6870 to my gf who is currently on a nvidia 9600gt

Last edited:
Thats what I was thinking. The 6870 xfire had higher fps but the 580 seemed better for min framerate.

I just snagged a 580 for $399 from Microcenter =p... Thats why I was asking, 6870 was exactly the same price for 2 cards.

Last edited:
Back